At InStyle Furniture NSW Pty Ltd you can buy with confidence and we want our customers to be completely happy with their purchase. We recommend you read our warranty Policy prior to you making a purchase, so you are familiar with our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. All goods sold in Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Where it is determined that an order can be cancelled or returned, a 20% restocking fee will apply. You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours, or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description. You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are been assessed to have been damaged by neglect, misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply.
Moreover, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. Please keep in mind the InStyle’s furniture Quality Guarantee applies to the original purchaser only (warranty is not transferrable) and only for products used for reasonable domestic purposes. It excludes products used for commercial reasons. All guarantee periods start from the date of purchase. If you are offered a replacement product as part of your warranty claim, the original guarantee period still stands. There may be circumstances where you are not entitled to a remedy. If goods are to be returned, goods must be returned within a reasonable time and in acceptable condition. This timeframe may vary from product to product and may depend on the type of product you purchased and the price you paid.
We may provide you with an indicative fee, which fee may vary due to reasons beyond our control. Under the InStyle’s Furniture warranty against defects, the purchaser has the right to repairs of the defective part or product only. Additional repairs will be charged For further information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au. Change of Mind and Buyer’s Remorse Please choose carefully as refunds are not provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection or simply found the goods cheaper elsewhere.
It is your responsibility to measure items you have purchased. If these items do not fit in elevators, doorways or corridors and or do not fit in your space you will not be refunded as per ACCC and office of Fair Trading laws. Additional transport fees will apply if delivery cannot be performed on a scheduled date. Exclusions (subject to the Australian Consumer Law) Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, InStyle’s Furniture cannot be not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of: Normal wear and tear (refer to the Caring for Your Furniture below).
In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
1. Your leathers and fabrics will fade and crease your foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time.
2. Depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering material, seat cushion may need regular maintenance such as pilling and fillings and suspension may need regular maintenance or be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense.
3. Leather is a natural product and scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are also natural characteristics of leather.
4. Because most products are upholstered manually, sizes and weights of these products may experience minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted in any of our stores.
5. Damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids.
6. Damage caused by exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions;
7. Damage caused by using improper Chemicals when cleaning.
8. All pet damages.
9. The cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement for purchases made when your nearest InStyle Furniture NSW Pty Ltd store is over 100km from place of residence.
10. Damage caused by improper use, cleaning, negligence, treatment, transportation, and storage of the products or otherwise caused by your acts and / or omissions.
11. Damaged caused through any modifications, alterations, improper assembly, tampering or products used in an abnormal manner and not for the products intended purposes.
12. Damage caused by exposing the products to the sun, extreme heat or cold, or chemicals / agents that are known to damage the finish of the product.
13. Body impressions on mattresses, sofas and chairs.
14. Damages caused by Act of God.
15. Defects in products that are sold “As Is” & “Clearance” which were brought to your attention on purchase.
16. Products used for commercial purposes The warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and as stated does excludes products used for commercial purposes. Making a claim Making a claim is easy and simple. Simply call our claims department where you will be given step-by-step processes. Please note that under no circumstances will our stores handle any claims.
Claims will be handled between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding weekends and public holidays. To make a claim under these warranties against defect, the Purchaser:
1. Must cease using the product immediately after the defect appears.
2. Must notify InStyle’s Furniture within 7 calendar days after the issue appears.
3. Make a claim using InStyle’s Furniture claim procedures and documents.
4. Therein, provide a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice, 4 photos, a detailed description and your ID label located underneath the product.
5. Any extra damages not reported during the process of a claim will be invalid and the responsibility of such repairs will be considered the responsibility of the purchaser in accordance to clause 1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly set out in these warranties against defect, and subject to any condition, warranty or right granted or implied under the Australian Consumer Law or any other law which cannot by law be excluded by agreement, InStyle’s Furniture has no liability to the purchaser under the warranty against defects (other than repair or replacement of the defective part or product), whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with the goods including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss. To make a claim, you can contact the store at which you made your purchase; their contact details can be found on your invoice. Once a claim has been lodged your claim will be assessed, and respond to within 5 business days.
The Purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and in some circumstances bear the cost of all house calls, labours and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard InStyle’s Furniture rates. If a part or product is determined by InStyle’s Furniture to have a manufacturing defect, InStyle’s Furniture will, at the election of InStyle’s Furniture, choose whether to repair or replace that part or product
Transportation Should your purchase be deemed to fail our InStyle’s Furniture Guarantee, we won’t charge you for any transportation fees associated with pick-up or drop-off during the guarantee period within 150km of your nearest InStyle’s Furniture store. A fee of $1 per km each way will apply there after. Refunds A refund will normally be processed within 3 days. Contact Us Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your order or product, please immediately contact our Customer Team First. Refund, Return and Repair Policy Version 1.1 September 2019